2017 Volunteer Placements
The Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust is recruiting five volunteers to assist with the delivery of the 2017 season. Based in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull, all the placements will provide time aboard our research vessel, Silurian, experience delivering activities in the Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Centre and provision for project work in the office. We are recruiting for a variety of positions, each with the opportunity to develop new skills and experience.
Please follow each link for a comprehensive placement brief.
- Community Engagement Placement – keen to pass on your passion for the marine environment and help enthuse the next generation? Do you like sharing information with the public? This is the placement for you.
- Events and Media Placement – do you have an interest in media production and promotion of events? Do you like engaging with the public? This is the placement for you.
- Community Sightings Placement – interested in gaining experience in delivering a citizen science programme? Do you want to develop our sightings records and understanding of local cetacean populations? This is the placement for you.
- Photo Identification Placement – if you wish to gain experience in a fundamental cetacean research tool, this is the placement for you. Analyse images throughout the 2017 season; identify new individuals and record re-sightings of animals already in our catalogue.
- Research Vessel Support Placement – eager to learn what it takes to run a boat-based research programme? This placement is for you. We operate a unique citizen science programme aboard Silurian, get involved and help deliver a fantastic season!
Information on how to apply can be found in the specific briefs above. Closing date is 8th January at noon. If you are interested in applying for more than one placement please indicate which you’d like to apply for in your cover letter, ranking the positions in order of preference. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Skype interview in the week commencing 16th January.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Morven Russell, HWDTs Volunteer Coordinator on email@example.com or 01688 302620.