HWDT draws its support and funding from a wide range of sources, including Charitable Trusts, government agencies, companies and the general public. HWDT is delighted to work with environmentally responsible companies and is grateful for their support.
HWDT’s Corporate Support Scheme helps HWDT’s work and delivers tangible research and education results. Companies can choose the level of support they wish to provide and this is normally organised on an annual basis. HWDT works with the individual requirements of each company and aims to build lasting relationships.
How to get involved
Business support for HWDT makes a real difference to the environment. We offer a wide range of sponsorship ideas and can help when planning a campaign. Companies can offer their support in different ways. Please contact us to find out about supporting us. The following are a range of options:-
Our main programme allows HWDT to run essential projects:-
- Porpoise scheme from £500
- Dolphin Scheme from £750
- Minke Scheme from £1500
Establishing a partnership with HWDT provides your company with many promotion opportunities. Whichever way you decide to support HWDT, the following benefits are available:
- Certificate of corporate sponsorship
- Print of either a porpoise, dolphin or minke whale
- Limited edition print of whale/dolphin
- HWDT annual report with acknowledgement of company name
- Promotion on HWDT’s website. We receive approx 100,000 visitors to the website per year. For large donors or those who pledge long-term support, we can create a customised page.
- Access to corporate teambuilding onboard Silurian (additional cost) – a unique way to involve your staff and actively help in our research programme.
- Logo coverage in visitor centre (approx. 15,000 visitors per year)* * dolphin and minke schemes, and larger donations of £750 or over.
Alternatively you may choose to sponsor a particular project. Our projects engage a wide variety of audiences and generate considerable press and media attention; sponsorship of particular projects is vital to us and gives your company a personal link to a specific aspect of our work. Examples are as follows, but there are many other projects to choose from:-
- Your logo on the sail or the hull of the research vessel; sponsorship of the vessel, various, please ask for details
- Creating online resources to teach school pupils about marine mammals, from £500
- 7 days monitoring on the research vessel, Silurian (2008 Season – 115 days), £3500
- Organise and run 1 beach clean for members of the public or school children, £100
- Visit 10 schools to teach about marine conservation, £1000
- Measurement instruments, binoculars, photographic equipment, waterproof clothing, various, please ask for details
These raise awareness within an organisation and get employees involved. Examples are in-house fundraising, e.g. a department adopting a dolphin, or joining the ‘Give as You Earn Scheme’. You could also nominate HWDT as your ‘Charity of the Year’.
Gifts in kind
We are always grateful for the support of companies and individuals who wish to donate equipment and goods and provide training or professional services to help us work effectively and efficiently. We are also really happy to receive small gifts that we can use for raffles or to auction.
Team Building Opportunities
Wider business benefits
Corporate competitive advantage – establishing a partnership with HWDT provides your company with many benefits:-
- Raised profile - By supporting an environmental charity viewed as a cornerstone in its field (featured by both the BBC and STV in 2008; profiled by the Daily Mail for our work against marine litter in February 2008; features/photos in all national papers in 2008) your company benefits from a raised profile and extra PR and media opportunities.
- Networking – connect with a growing group of companies who share a socially responsible stance on the environment, and gain access to new audiences.
- Increase in staff morale – current supporters of HWDT report an increased sense of pride and satisfaction working for a company that recognises its environmental impact. We can also arrange presentations to your employees about our work.
- Increase in investment potential – according to the Business in the Environment Survey, 2001, companies who stress their environmental and social performance are more attractive to investors.
- Increased customer support – clients actively favour environmentally responsible companies.
Please contact us to find out about supporting HWDT.