HWDT draws its support and funding from a wide range of sources, including Charitable Trusts, Government Agencies, Companies and the General Public. HWDT is delighted to work with environmentally responsible companies and is grateful for their support.
HWDT’s Corporate Support Scheme helps HWDT’s work and delivers tangible research and education results. Companies can choose the level of support they wish to provide and this is normally organised on an annual basis. HWDT works with the individual requirements of each company and aims to build lasting relationships.
How to get involved
Business support for HWDT makes a real difference to the environment. We offer a wide range of sponsorship ideas and can help when planning a campaign. Companies can offer their support in different ways. Please contact us to find out about supporting us. To join the HWDT Corpoate Supporters Scheme, you must commit to a minimum donation of £500 per year to qualify.
Establishing a partnership with HWDT provides your company with many promotion opportunities. Whichever way you decide to support HWDT, the following benefits are available:
- Certificate of corporate sponsorship
- Limited edition print of whale/dolphin
- HWDT annual report with acknowledgement of company name
- acknowledgement through the Trust's social media platforms
- Promotion on HWDT’s website. We receive approx 100,000 visitors to the website per year
- Access to corporate teambuilding aboard Silurian (additional cost) – a unique way to involve your staff and actively help in our research programme.
- Logo coverage in visitor centre (approx. 15,000 visitors per year), please note that this is only available to companies who donate over £1,000 per year
If you would like to get involved and join our Corporate Supporter Scheme, please contact Morven Russel for more details on email@example.com or 01688 302620.
Alternatively you may choose to sponsor a particular project. Our projects engage a wide variety of audiences and generate considerable press and media attention; sponsorship of particular projects is vital to us and gives your company a personal link to a specific aspect of our work. Examples are as follows, but there are many other projects to choose from:-
- New sails for our research vessel, Silurian; £7,500
- 7 days monitoring on the research vessel, Silurian, £3500
- Visit 10 schools to teach about marine conservation, £1000
- Organise and run 1 beach clean for members of the public or school children, £100
- Measurement instruments, binoculars, photographic equipment, waterproof clothing, various, please ask for details
These raise awareness within an organisation and get employees involved. Examples are in-house fundraising, e.g. a department adopting a dolphin, or joining the ‘Give as You Earn Scheme’. You could also nominate HWDT as your ‘Charity of the Year’.
Gifts in kind
We are always grateful for the support of companies and individuals who wish to donate equipment and goods and provide training or professional services to help us work effectively and efficiently. We are also really happy to receive small gifts that we can use for raffles or to auction.
Team Building Opportunities
Wider business benefits
Corporate competitive advantage – establishing a partnership with HWDT provides your company with many benefits:-
- Raised profile - By supporting an environmental charity viewed as a cornerstone in its field: in 2016, the Trust appeared in 259 print / online publications including 17 national; 4 radio; 2 television
- Networking – connect with a growing group of companies who share a socially responsible stance on the environment, and gain access to new audiences
- Increase in staff morale – current supporters of HWDT report an increased sense of pride and satisfaction working for a company that recognises its environmental impact. We can also arrange presentations to your employees about our work
- Increase in investment potential – according to the Business in the Environment Survey, 2001, companies who stress their environmental and social performance are more attractive to investors
- Increased customer support – clients actively favour environmentally responsible companies
Please contact us to find out about supporting HWDT.